December 18, 2009

The Day of Reckoning, plus 1 and 2

Today is my first "official" day after the Day of Reckoning, which occured between 12am and 2am on Wednesday night (or Thursday morning if you want to get all official about it).

This is the first time in my life I have ever counted calories. I've always been against it, and I think it's because of my mother. She is CONSUMED with it, and in a really obnoxious way. I just knew I didn't want to be one of those obnoxious fitness nuts that people can't stand to be around, and so I ended up going wayyyyyyyyy too far the other direction.

It took seeing videos of myself singing at a concert to really wake me up. It also completely killed my buzz of having a very successful musical project come to fruition, but, whatever works I guess. I knew I had to make a change.

Immediately.

Could I have picked a more difficult time to start tracking calories and watching what I eat? Seriously. It's Chistmas time and there is FOOD ALL AROUND ME AT ALL TIMES. This is going to be really hard. But, I did NOT want to just tell myself "Oh, I'll wait until after New Year's to really get started."

It's time to get serious. It's time to make a change. I can already tell that the hardest part is going to be getting my body used to a fairly drastic drop in calorie intake every day. I'm hungry, and I need to buy things that I can snack on without going through my daily calories goal. I know I can do this. I KNOW I can.

This is the beginning of what I hope will be a long and VERY fruitful journey.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck Mandy! I really hope this is a successful journey for you.

    ReplyDelete