August 14, 2008

6 Medals Later...


Operaboy and I just watched Michael Phelps win his sixth gold medal (in the 200m Individual Medley in case you're keeping track). He's looking really tired, and who can blame him? It's something like his 15th of 17 swims? I think that one of the announcers said that he's going to have swum approximately 2 miles, total during these Olympics. That's just unbelievable to me.

So we were just discussing the medal ceremonies as we watched Ryan Lochte (also drool-worthy) and Rebecca Soni winning their medals, and had the following conversation:

Me: "I think that after the first, I dunno, 3 gold medals, I'd probably start just trying to learn all the other parts besides the melody of the Star-Spangled Banner."

Operaboy: "Yeah well I doubt that Michael Phelps is doing that."

I guess I'm the only one who is that nerdy. :)

1 comment:

  1. He is absolutely amazing. And I'm not talking about his body which is equally amazing! He's such an awesome swimmer. Armyboy and I were talking about that just last night.

    ReplyDelete