January 9, 2012

Friend Makin' Mondays -- Getting to Know You

Happy New Year, readers!  Here's the thing...by now I've usually done my "Year in Review" post for the recently-ended old year, but I haven't gotten any further than getting all the accompanying pictures saved into a "2011" folder...and that's on my HOME computer.  So...it's coming. Just not yet.  Maybe not even til February. 

But until then!  It's time for another Friend Makin' Mondays post courtesy of Kenlie.  You know the drill!  Answer the prompt, then go leave a comment on Kenlie's most recent FMM post with a link back, and enjoy the comments!



1) What is one of your favorite ways to spend a Saturday? At HOME.  I have a very busy schedule most of the time (self-inflicted, naturally), and my favorite Saturday would include waking up around 10am, making coffee, sitting in my big chair wrapped in a quilt and watching bad/awesome movies til about 1pm, then making lunch.  Maybe going for a run.  Finally getting dressed/cute around 8pm, and going out and having drinks with my husband and my favorite gal-pal Jo. 

2) List your top three favorite TV shows. Oh Geez....in no particular order (I guess), Friends, Everybody Loves Raymond and The Office.

3) Would you rather be in pictures or take them? That depends. I do love a good picture of myself, but I can be highly critical of myself if I don't take the picture myself.  I love taking pictures with my stepdad's fancy-pants camera, though. I took all the pictures for my cousin's baby shower and had a LOT of fun with that.

4) Why do you blog? Guh. I hate this question, actually. I have a REALLY LONG answer, but I don't feel like it, so here's the answer in a nutshell: I like to write and I'm a narcissist.  There. 

5) Share five websites that you visit regularly.
a) Twitter
b) Flickr
c) My Fitness Pal
d) Tumblr
e) Goodreads

6) If you could have lunch with one person from your Twitter list who would it be? I refuse to follow the rules on this question, because there are so many.  So I'll pick one CITY where a lot of my Twitter friends live and say that I'd like to have lunch with the following people in Halifax, NS (Canada): Mike, Neil, Nicola, Morgan and Scotty.

7) List a few of your favorite snacks. Apples, almonds, HUMMUS OH GOD HUMMUS, smoothies (usually post workout)....

8 ) Do you have a pet? If so, what kind? I have the BEST pet.  A pit bull named Carmen.


9) Which three material possessions would you struggle to live without? Definitely my iPhone. Television. Ummm....the money to buy Starbucks?? haha

10) What’s your favorite drink? Alcoholic: rum & Diet Coke with a lime.  Non-alcoholic: Coffee or Dr. Pepper

11) Do you enjoy cooking? Very, very much

12) Do you have children? Nope. A husband and a dog keep me busy enough at the moment.

13) What are your favorite hobbies? Running, reading, singing, theatre

14) Would you consider yourself to be shy or outgoing? Seriously?

15) If you could change one thing about yourself, what would you change? I'd care a little bit less about what other people thought about me.

16) Who is your favorite actor/actress? You know...I never really think about this question, but a couple of weeks ago I was watching the Kennedy Center Honors, and never fully appreciated what a beast Meryl Streep is until I saw the montage of her work.  So for females, she'd be the most talented, in my book.  Male? Hmmm...the first two who came to mind were Tom Hanks and Gary Oldman.

17) What’s the coolest thing you’ve done this week? Uh, well...seeing as it's only Monday morning? I guess it's cool that I got myself AND all my shit out the door on time this morning AND had enough time to stop for coffee. Cool.

18) Do you live near your family or far from them? Very near. Most of my family is within 15 miles of me.  It's a blessing and a curse.

19) List three of your talents. OKAY!  Singing, acting, writing well (mostly academically).

20) What is your greatest attribute? Playing up my narcissism today, are we, FMM?  I can deal with that.  I think my greatest attribute is the willingness and desire to constantly better myself in one way or another, whether it be academically, spiritually, physically, etc.  I never want to settle for a current version of myself.

4 comments:

  1. Here from FMM (thanks for the comment)...
    Pitties are the best, aren't they?! <3
    Also, I was not aware that goodreads existed, but I clicked through and I'm pretty sure I'm now a fan as well. So thanks for that, haha.
    Nice 'getting to know' you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carmen is a sweetie!

    I see nothing wrong with being a narcissist. I personally have called myself Lisa the Great since I was in elementary school. There's no shortage of ego in my family!

    Stopping in from FMM - HI!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved The Kennedy Center Honors this year, mostly because I love Neil Diamond. It was an amazing show, and they are all deserving!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. January?

    JANUARY!?

    I miss your blog, girlie. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete