October 24, 2012

You Know What I HATE About Blogging?

The pressure.

The feeling that I have to follow up a really popular post with something equally popular and interesting and witty and compelling and all that when, sometimes, I just don't have much to say.

Well....that's never true. I always have a lot to say.  I'm just trying to learn when and where it's appropriate to put those things online.  Sometimes they're best left said over a cup of coffee with a trusted friend who will keep her mouth shut and also not judge the things you are sharing with her. 

I feel the same pressure whenever I get a new Facebook friend or Twitter follower. I feel like I suddenly need to prove to that person that they made a good choice in following/adding me.  Sheesh.  So much pressure.

But things are going well in Mandy World.  Very well.  I assume I'm allowed to share these things, so I'm going to...

Since my last post about my amazing music weekend, I've been contacted by the SofarDFW coordinators to be a consistent blogger about their local shows, and I could not be more excited about that.  I've written for them a modified version of my own blog post that will hopefully show up on their official blog some time this week. 

The VERY SAME DAY that happened (last Tuesday, if you were wondering), I met up with a friend at Jupiter House Coffee, where two members of Seryn were sitting and chilling out.  Of course I giggled inside, but I kept my composure. I just smiled and, in my head, thought "My GOODNESS I love Denton...and my life."  I sat there so long with my friend that the band's manager eventually came in and recognized me from the shows, and we spent an absolutely lovely few minutes talking.  She thanked me for my blog post, hugged me...she is charming!  Obviously we became Facebook friends after that.

DO YOU SEE WHAT I MEAN ABOUT PRESSURE?  Now I want to prove to these people that, yes, I'm a huge music fan and all, but that they made good choices in putting me in their own lives.  But the truth is, sometimes I go weeks without posting anything on this blog.  Or I will go off on a Twitter RAMPAGE about a football game or a marathon of slasher-movie-watching. 

(side note: in the time it's taken me to write parts of this, get some work done, check Facebook and Google Reader a couple of times, I read a post by Jen about a blogging conference she went to in Toronto, and now I'm super jealous and wish that I felt led to blog more often.)

You know what I hate slightly less about blogging? Finding a way to wrap them up and conclude.

.......


1 comment:

  1. Ah, the blogging world pressure. I don't like it, either. That's why I have an on-again, off-again fling with my poor little neglected blog. Haha! Also, what a COOL opportunity to write about local shows! You're a Denton Sweetheart, my lovely :)

    ReplyDelete