December 31, 2012

Farewell 2012


2012 officially ends (here in Central Standard Time anyway) in 5 hours and 14 minutes.  It's been...one hell of a year.  The above compilation just came from my phone's camera roll, and is just a small sampling of what this year has held for me. I'm going to see what I can remember based on photos and my own memory...and Facebook's timeline feature (hey! it is good for something!)...but I do love doing these end of the year posts, so just bear with  me.

January
* Rang in 2012 with my husband and some great friends at a low-key party.  Was probably home by 12:30am. 

* Performed in the ensemble of Kismet in concert with Lyric Stage.


* Saw The Civil Wars and The Staves live in concert at the House of Blues in Dallas, Texas.
 
February
* Was honored as a small part of the Denton Women's Collective by the City of Flower Mound for bringing the Finding Kind documentary into the local high school.


* Deactivated my Facebook account for the month, just to take some time away from all the online drama.

March
* Said goodbye to the "family dog" -- my mom and stepdad's dog, Deogee.  He was a good boy up until the very end.

* Made my Assistant Director (and sound designer) debut with Dog Sees God, and also played the role of Van's sister. A very special show to me, and a moment of great personal pride as an artist.


* Donated my hair to Pantene Beautiful Lengths


April
* Welcomed my beautiful and hilarious baby niece into the world.


* Renovated my bathroom.  Well...I supervised and picked out colors. Professionals did the dirty work.

* Discovered Seryn.

May
* Was honored to edit the first draft of a manuscript by the recently agented and up-and-coming YA author Kelsey.

*  Enjoyed Twilight Tunes with friends and the Andrew Tinker Band -- what is becoming a spring tradition.
June
* Entered a Jason Robert Brown karaoke competition and was complimented by the composer himself!

* One word: OKLAHOMA.


* Directed one and acted in another staged reading for DCT's Method & Madness Playwriting Festival.

* Was named a Star Performer at my job.

July
* Found and rescued an abandoned pit bull named Baby with my husband.  Nothing made me happier than the day that the Denton Animal Shelter announced she was adopted!!

* Attended my first SOFAR show.


* Watched a spectacular(ly lousy) fireworks show with my handsome husband.

August
* Began rehearsals for The Most Happy Fella.


* Celebrated my best friend's 30th birthday by seeing Hairspray (brilliantly music-directed by my talented and dedicated husband).


September
* Celebrated four years of marriage to my best pal.


* Sent a friend off to Spain -- my carpool buddy for every Lyric show, my favorite gay husband, my friend...Tyler.


* Performed in The Most Happy Fella, made all new friends, met the composer's widow.


October
* Turned 31! Celebrated at Spiral Diner and the Dallas Arboretum. And got beautiful flowers from my husband.


* Voted early. And for the first time ever.



* Saw Seryn for the first time in concert -- and twice in one weekend. It was life-changing.


* Found out the best news EVER:


November and December

Yes, I'm getting lazy. I've been sitting here for two hours now.  But honestly, November and December have been a lot of family time, holiday fun, preparing myself for this pregnancy, and just reflecting on the past year and getting ready for the next.

2012 has brought MANY opportunities...new friends...changes...loss...heartache...unspeakable joy...and I'm thankful for ALL of it. 

I hope that, no matter how you feel about 2012 -- sad to see it go, or ready to kiss it GOODBYE -- that you have taken something with you from this year that you will carry forever.  Joys and Pains -- they all continue to strengthen and build up our character.

Thank you for being a part of my year.

1 comment:

  1. I am so thankful that you read my manuscript. I know that it became so much stronger after your insight.

    You look beautiful the whole year long! I'm proud of you for all of the hard work you obviously did. :)

    ReplyDelete