May 16, 2013

Milestones -- 35/35

35 weeks pregnant -- 35 days to go

We've reached another milestone in our journey towards meeting Baby R!  Today marks 35/35 -- meaning that I am 35 weeks pregnant and have 35 days left (obviously both are approximations, but it's still another milestone moment that's fun to celebrate).

Thirty. Five. Days.


Heck no, I'm not freaking out. 

Not really. 

Okay maybe a little. 

But really?  My amazing husband made a good point this morning when we were talking on the phone after we left our doctor's appointment to head our separate ways.  He said, "Honey think about it...if we had the baby today, we'd be ready.  We have all the paperwork, we have money in the bank, we have a place for it to sleep, we have a carseat, and we have your boobs."  I mean...he's right.  But, still.  I'd like at least a few more weeks, please.  Hear that, little one?  Keep cookin!

Plus I have one more shower on Saturday that I'd like to attend (the first two were blogged about previously, so scroll on down to read about 'em!)!

Now how about some stats??
 
Baby R's size: Baby R could be 17.2 to 18.7 inches, 4.2 to 5.8 pounds! The produce aisle comparison is currently a cantaloupe, apparently. Also, The Bump says my uterus has grown to 1,000 times its original size, which is just freakin' weird.
 
Baby R's developments: Circulation and immune systems are just about good to go.  If it's a boy, his testes should have descended by now (good to know...).  Hearing is fully developed! Closer and closer to being able to breathe on his/her own should we delivery early. 
 
Currently Craving: Whatever doesn't give me heartburn?  My appetite and cravings have really slowed down lately. I also have been sick with some sort of Black Plague in my lungs that have completely killed smell and taste, so I'm just like "whatever" when it comes to food. 
 
How's the belly looking: Huge, apparently.  I've gotten "Any day now, right?" or some variation more than once, now. 
 
Sleep & Dreams: I've been sick and the heartburn and cough are both worse at night, so I'm lucky if I get 4-5 good hours in per night. I don't think I'm sleeping restfully enough to dream lately.  It sucks.  I just want to take a nap.
 
How I am feeling: Again...sick.  But I'm recovering. I always considered myself a non-medicator before I got pregnant...I'd go as long as possible without taking anything.  But ahhhhh to have that option now!! I FINALLY got on some antibiotics for this chest congestion yesterday, so I'm hoping to be on the upswing soon.  I miss breathing normally.

Evidence of Pregnancy Brain: Still the same. I am pretty good when it comes to work and making sure my dog gets fed and all that, but I really can't be bothered with much else in the ol' memory bank.
 
Movement: Very active baby.  He or she is running out of room, so it's more slides and pushes and rolls than actual kicks, but the kicks are HARD when they're there.  Also, lots of hiccups, which I have determined that the baby hates.  I'll feel several, and then what feels like frustrated flailing.  Poor little thing...I hate them, too!
 
Exercise:I get out of breath putting on lotion after my shower.  So any movement/activity at all feels like a workout these days.
 
Innie or outie: Still an innie!
 
Stretch marks: Still none.
 
Rings on or off: Still on!
 
Maternity wear: Duh.
 
Baby related purchases: Well I bought four nursing bras yesterday! We've also been buying household items such as a big container of hand sanitizer and large refills of anti-bacterial soap, plus baby-friendly detergent.  We have a few more big things to buy after the showers are over (hallelujah for gift cards!), but really we're getting so close to being ready!
 
Days until due date: 35! We've been over this.

Not much longer now, you guys.  Get excited!


2 comments:

  1. Squeeeeeeee Baby R! :) You are SO CLOSE! I can't believe you've only got a month or so left. Keep calm, breathe deep, you're an awesome lady with an awesome husband and you guys are going to ROCK. THIS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee! So excited for you guys and it's been a blast to read all about your lovely pregnancy too. Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete