February 1, 2010

15!

(click on the picture to see larger!)

This is my very first attempt at a Before and After picture. The picture on the left is me in mid-December, weighing in at 210 lbs (vomit). The pictures on the right are from this past weekend of Show Boat performances, weighing in at 195 lbs.

Fif. Teen. Pounds.

And the fun part? You can totally tell. At least, I can!

It's funny...when you look at yourself every day, or someone ELSE sees you every day, you don't really notice. My own husband has been so supportive and happy for me when I do a happy naked dance out of the bathroom after a weigh-in (though maybe he's just happy about the happy naked dance? hmmm). But last night when I showed him these pictures side by side, he seemed genuinely surprised. His response was, and I quote, "Wow, honey! Great job!"

I still have about 25 lbs to go for my goal, but I am so pumped up.

I can't wait to keep going and, now that my lungs are back to almost 100% capacity, I can't wait to get back on the fitness wagon. Which brings me to my next point...

Since I got paid today, I totally plan on registering for the Susan G. Komen 3-Day Walk for the Cure (November 5-7, 2010) in Dallas this year. It's a hell of a commitment, I know. Each registrant has to pay a $90 registration fee AND commit to raising $2,300 before being eligible to participate in the walk. AND you have to train yourself to be able to handle the 3-day, 60 miles walk.

Bring. It. On.

Every time I think I can't do it, I think, "You know? People who participate in this walk...some of them are going through or have gone through chemo and cancer. If they can do it, I sure as hell can get off my fat butt and do it!"

I'm really excited about doing this, and I already have some fundraising ideas swimming around in my head.

Here's to the next 15!!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You look amazing! And way to go on registering for the Susan G. Komen race! I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you too!! :) You look incredibly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh dude...who dared take that before picture from such a low angle? Ugh to them! You look GORGEOUS in your after picks! And that purple dress is so cute on you :)

    ReplyDelete