FMM: Have You Ever?
1. …traveled outside of your home country? If so, where? I've only been to Mexico. Twice. Once was in the 6th grade, and it was a mission trip with my church. The second time was to Cancun when I was 17. But I went with my mom and my little brother, so no big crazy Cancun Senior Trip stories here! Lame. I REALLY need to travel more...
2. …performed on stage in front of at least 1,000 people? If so, share some details! Not 1,000 people in the same place, no. Not yet anyway. I've been onstage TONS of times, though, but just not for houses or theatres that large!
3. …watched an episode of Jersey Shore? I can proudly answer "No" to this one.
4. …baked a cake from scratch? I have not! BUT, I have made sugar cookies from scratch, iced with homemade buttercream frosting. I just started those last Christmas, so this year was my second year to make them both.
5. …worked in a grocery store? I have not. I feel like I've done just about every other "first job," but never made it into the grocery world.
6. …dated someone who was your best friend first? No. Michael and I were very good friends before we started dating, but we weren't BEST friends. I was, however, madly in love with my best friend in high school...and introduced him to his girlfriend. "le sigh."
7. …made a difference in someone’s life during Christmas? Oh man...I sure do hope so. And not just at Christmas time.
8. …been on TV? Yeah!
9. …had cosmetic surgery? Nope. But it's something I sometimes think about. I'll most likely never do it.
10. …learned a second language? I'm not disciplined enough to do this. I took Spanish in high school, and four semesters of it in college, and retained pretty much NADA. (See what I did there?)
And now for today's Reverb Broads post:
Self-Portrait: Post a picture of you that you like, write about yourself, post a video - what do you want your self-portrait to say about you? from Kristen
Wow. What a day to ask me something like this. Normally, as you may well have noticed, I'd jump at the chance to be narcissistic and post a photo or video of myself.
Today, however, I'm feeling kind of down and blue and a little weepy. Maybe it's the holidays. Maybe it's the cloudy weather. But my emotions are very close to the surface today, so perhaps it's best that I pull out this one again:
No perfectly angled camera position.
I hope that photos of me show that I'm happy. Happy in that moment and happy with who I am as a person, how I look and feel, where I am in my life...Most often I'm smiling in photos...but today I feel a little more like the photo above. Quiet and contemplative. But it's still me. Maybe it's more me.
This is way too deep for me today. I'll come back tomorrow more like myself, I hope.
I’m taking part in a blogging group called Reverb Broads that will be suggesting daily blogging prompts this December. If you want to join in, feel free! Go here or here to learn more!