July 15, 2011

Fitness Friday -- All for the Best


I don't know why I feel the need for the obligatory self-portrait on my Fitness Friday posts...I guess I just think a blog post sans pictures is boring.  Plus, I'm having an unexpectedly good hair day...for now.  When I go to lunch later and it's 103 outside, it will be ruined...so I wanted evidence that it started out well! 

Speaking of starting out well...after last week's post where I was bemoaning my lack of motivation, I was determined to have a better, more productive week...despite things I already had planned...such as some auditions. 

The auditions, I thought, went very well.  I was happy with how I performed at each, and I was really trying to focus on what my friend Desiree brought to my attention recently, which is that, for just that small chunk of time, you are playing that role, whether or not you're actually cast in the production(s).  So I enjoyed myself.

However, I was not cast in either show.  I was disappointed, but only briefly.  The peace I felt about the rejections (hate to call them that, but at 9am and after only one cup of coffee I can't think of a better word) has mostly to do with the fact that when/if I start rehearsals for another show, my routine will change even more.  So I feel like it's important that I really get myself back into a fitness groove before I start rehearsing for another production.  Not getting cast?  All for the best.  (shout out John)


So what did I do this week?  Not a lot, granted...but I felt good about it:

Monday: Ran 2 miles and felt good.
Wednesday: Strength training while watching SYTYCD
Friday: Ran 2.5 miles and felt even better.

The plan is to do some yoga this weekend, because my post-run stretches are quickly becoming my favorite part about my workouts.  I think my body is trying to tell me something...

So!  Not a bad week, and I have much more of a feeling of accomplishment today than I did a week ago! 

Hope you all have a WONDERFUL weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment