July 1, 2011

Guest Post -- An Act of KINDness

Good morning and Happy Friday!  Today, I am THRILLED to be featured as a guest poster over at Laura's blog while she is on vacation (lucky girl!).  Laura is a fellow Healthy Living blogger and is studying to be come a registered dietician.  I met her at the Blogger meet up we had while Heather was in town, and turns out she's great friends with someone I went to high school with.  It's a small world!  Anyway, here's a sample of my guest post on her blog...make sure you click on over to read the rest!

Hello readers of Becoming the Odd Duck!  I'm very excited that Laura is letting me guest post while she is out of town.  Guess what?  This is my FIRST time ever guest posting on another blog, so I'm very excited about it.

I'm also excited about what I'm posting about today.  Laura and I are, as you probably know if you're readers of either of us, part of an online community and network of Healthy Living bloggers. Now while I don't post recipes (ever) and I post about exercise only occasionally (read: when I have had a good week and not been as lazy as I'd like to be).  I like to think that my blog is more about Healthy LIVING...meaning, things about my life that help me enjoy every moment of it — finding new musical artists, simplifying my life, performing, spending time with friends, etc.  Exercise and eating well are very important to me because they will only help to extend my awesome life, right? RIGHT!

Earlier this week, I attended a meeting of the Denton Women's Collective, which is, quite simply, a group for women, dedicated to making a difference in our community and hopefully in the lives of other women.  This is a group started by Lindsay, and my friend Rachel has been trying to get me to attend for a few months now.  I finally was able to find time in my ridiculous schedule to attend and I am so very glad I did!

that's me in the green dress!


The subject of this month's meeting was the Kind Campaign, and the soon-to-be-released documentary Finding Kind. Here's the trailer for the documentary:


Started by Pepperdine University alumnae Lauren Parsekian and Molly Stroud, the campaigns mission is short but very clear and powerful: "A movement and documentary, based upon the powerful belief in KINDness, that brings awareness and healing to the negative and lasting effects of girl-against-girl "crime."

Click HERE to read the rest of this entry!

No comments:

Post a Comment