July 12, 2011

Tuesday Tunes - The Spring Standards "Would Things Be Different"


The band featured on today's Tuesday Tunes is one I discovered completely accidentally.  And before you ask, NO, this one does not come from the friendly northern neighbor Canada. 

A while ago...I'd say at least a month...Rachel and I planned to meet up at Dan's Silverleaf in Denton, TX to see The Andrew Tinker Band perform.  The band starting off the evening was The Spring Standards.  Normally I would just sit outside and hang out with friends while the band BEFORE the one I came to hear played, but this trio of incredible musicians hooked me in immediately.  I was BUMMED when their set was over, even though I knew the awesomeness of Andrew Tinker was next to come. 

Some things that are awesome about them, before I show you some clips:
  • Their female singer is a ginger
  • They have no drummer...they just divide up the drum kit between the band members. It's an awesome sight to see done live, I'm tellin' ya.
  • ....um....they're awesome??  Seriously, I love their sound.  Here's a couple of YouTube videos, but do yourself a favor and buy their album and TRY your hardest to go see them play live.


And then my favorite song...there are only live/concert versions, so I'm sorry...there's loud people and other annoying parts about trying to record a live performance of a badass song! (I didn't record this, btw).

No comments:

Post a Comment