June 30, 2011

A Day in the Life - June 2011

As part of my 101 in 1001 project (I don't even have close to 101 things on the list yet...maybe "Finish the List" should be ON the list?), I have set a goal to document 1 day of every month in photos. Yesterday I realized that I hadn't done that for June yet, and June was ending...like, today. So, even though it was quite possibly the most boring day in my recent history, here is my Wednesday:

Up at 5:20am -- ready to go run for the first time in a week:


What I leave the house with on gym days: lunch bag, purse, and gym bag.  All too big and too heavy.


A very sleepy gym before it officially opens at 6am.  Taken with my phone...it just captures the grimness of being awake that early to exercise. ;)


I decided NOT to take any workout (during or post-run) photos.  You're welcome.  At my office by 7:30, washing some coffee cups and other dishes and getting the coffee ready.  Like the poster?


Breakfast!  Homemade muffins from my mother-in-law, hazelnut coffee....and drugs.  Wheeee.  (Hey, calm down, it's a prescription!)


Very dull morning.  Just doing some busy work lately until the July 1st catalog rollout.  Mid-morning snack was an apple. Don't worry, I removed the sticker before actually eating it.


It's Wednesday!  Time to create a Life Well Lived post! 


...which took me to lunch time!  Lunch was leftovers from a homemade chicken spaghetti I made.  Yum yum!



More busywork for the afternoon.  Then finally time to go home at 4pm!  Luckily I got a parking spot in the shade all day!  In 100 degree days, parking in the shade and cracking the windows a bit makes getting into the hot car a bit more bearable. 


I'm "pet-sitting" for some friends who are in Maine all summer (the jerks! the weather is probably AMAZING there!), which means going to their house a few times a week and feeding the turtles.  This is Yertle:


And this is Sheldon and Ginger.  Their heads are above water because they are trying to bite my hands off.  They're feisty little devils...


Unsure of Sheldon and Ginger.  They would probably take my finger right off if I gave them the chance!


Finally home!  Carmen always has to sniff/lick my feet to see where I've been. I know, it's kind of gross.  But also adorable.


Okay Mommy, you may enter.


Aaaaand this is what I did for the rest of the night. Literally.  Sat on my couch and watched So You Think You Can Dance and the Red Sox/Phillies game.  BORING.


Seriously it was SUCH a boring day that I almost didn't want to even make this post. But today is the last day of the month and it's probably going to be equally boring, and I said I'd do it for the project so....yeah.  Hopefully July's "Day in the Life" post will be a bit more exciting! 

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment