How unfair is it to turn 30 on a Tuesday? Is this because I had the incredible fortune to turn 21 on a Friday? Probably.
Let's go to Wikipedia and see some things that were happening in 1981. Thirty years ago:
- The Oakland Raiders defeat the Philadelphia Eagles 27–10 in Super Bowl XV. (Of course they did)
- President Reagan was shot in the chest by John Hinckley, Jr.
- President Ronald Reagan nominates the first woman, Sandra Day O'Connor, to the Supreme Court of the United States.
- A worldwide television audience of over 700 million people watched the Wedding of Charles, Prince of Wales, and Lady Diana Spencer at St Paul's Cathedral in London.
- MTV (Music Television) is launched on cable television in the United States.
- The thrash metal band Metallica forms in Los Angeles.
- Eli Manning (January 3)
- Justin Timberlake (January 31)
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt (February 17)
- Julia Stiles (March 28)
- Troy Polamalu (April 19)
- Josh Hamilton (May 21) (He's only 30??)
- Natalie Portman (June 9)
- Summer Glau (July 24)
- Beyoncé (September 4)
- Tila Tequila (October 24)
- Britney Spears (December 2)
I know nothing is really going to change the instant I turn 30. Well, I actually hope one thing does change. I've heard tell in stories that women approach their sexual peak in their thirties, so that'd be kind of awesome. I'd be okay with that. I mean I already feel like I'm a cougar/MILF in training because there are so many pretty young things on the story-box that I want to climb like a tree (I'm looking at you, Nathan Fillion...and Chris Evans...and Joe Mauer...and...).
I guess I ought to start thinking about whether or not a baby is in our near future, too, since just about a month after I turn the big Three-Oh, my husband will turn 33. Hmmm.
But, let's not jump ahead quite yet. I still have a week left in my 20s, and I plan to enjoy every last second of my 20s before they are GONE FOREVER!