October 21, 2013

Outfit of the Day

I'm gonna start trying something new on my blog so that I'm not just posting twice a month for Z's monthly updates followed by my own Mind & Body update.

Yesterday, my mom took me clothes shopping since I literally have no fall clothes/pants that aren't maternity clothing. It was a belated birthday present, and I appreciate it SO much.  I'm really trying to re-vamp my wardrobe, but cautiously and selectively. I tend to dress very young (too young sometimes -- like it or not, I'm in my 30s now and it's time to grow up) and wear very cheap clothes because I could always just buy something new when the cheap article of clothing fell apart. Well, with a baby in the house, my disposable income for clothing is going to probably disappear in favor of his needs (which is fine).  So, I'm trying to spend a little more money and get some nicer basics that I can mix & match throughout the seasons.

Also, I'm trying to step outside my comfort zone and try some new things. I'm still always going to be more of a "classic" style (slacks and nice dresses and pearls) but, here and there, I'd like to try think outside the box and find new ways to flatter my (post-baby, fuller) figure and still feel confident and look age- and work-appropriate.

(Quick side-note: I've been following Gabi's blog for great styling ideas for fuller figures, and she's a huge inspiration for the whole "stepping outside the box" thing.)

(Also, inspired by Drea, I've got a StitchFix coming to me on October 28th, and I can't wait to see what my stylist sends me!)

So, without further ado, here's today's Outfit of the Day!



This is a very standard "Me" outfit.  Safe, professional, comfortable. The ornamentation on the shirt (it ties in the back neckline) led me to pick pretty basic jewelry (no necklace needed), and these gold earrings from Target are light and comfortable. I'm more of a silver jewelry gal, but the gold looked nice with the taupe pants and shoes, I thought.

Shirt: LC by Lauren Conrad Floral Mixed Media top in Blue

Pants: Apt. 9 Curvy Trouser Pants in petite

Shoes: Mootsie's Tootsies Bettebruce slingback pumps in Taupe

Earrings: Target



No comments:

Post a Comment