December 15, 2008

This is what is wrong with the world today.

See the picture above, of an ad I saw when I logged into my MySpace account over lunch.



Can you even imagine what bothers me about it?



The answer is: several things. But MOSTLY (!!!!!!!!) the fact that the girl in the "before" picture on top is the one that is "fat." Are you freaking kidding me? She looks NORMAL and healthy, to me. Sure, maybe she's a little soft around the middle, but AREN'T WE ALL?



Add to that the fact that the middle and bottom pictures are OBVIOUSLY PhotoShop-ped and that apparently one can go from "fat" to thin in only 4 weeks with NO exercise, and I think my head just might explode all over the computer monitor.

This is what teenage girls are seeing when they login to My Space?! THIS is what is wrong with the world today.

It's perhaps also sad that I'm 27 years old and have what some might call a sickness involving my addiction to My Space and Facebook (mostly the latter) but that's another therapy session for another day.

1 comment:

  1. It's because of stuff like those pictures, that makes me not want to have girls so they don't have to grow up trying to live up to ridiculous american standards.

    ReplyDelete