June 22, 2011

Life Well-Lived, Vol. 5

Today is the FIFTH installment of "Life Well Lived" the brain child of my good friend Kelsey! The idea is to, every Wednesday, blog about the things in life, small or huge or anywhere in between, that make you joyful, that make you thankful...anything that makes your life WELL LIVED. 

Also, you can now follow @MyLifeWellLived on Twitter!  Follow and post with the hashtag #LifeWellLived and let's make this go viral!



I am VERY excited to say that today's post is a guest post from my good friend and ULTIMATE DIVA, Neeley!  Neeley doesn't have a blog yet, but she DOES have an awesome Twitter account, which you can request to follow hereHere's what Neeley has to say:

1. I had a glam-diva photo shoot!

Like Mandy, I recently lost a significant amount of weight and made a pact with myself... I will take an ultra sexy, diva photo shoot to celebrate my body at least once a year. As women we spend so much time micro-analyzing every nook and cranny that I felt the need to give myself an indefinite 'Hot Girl' pass. Now whenever my self-esteem is taking a hit, I have a collection of photos that remind just divalicious I really am!!




2. I gained a friend... MY MOM!

Oil & water, dogs & cats, Neeley & Carol... All polar opposites. As an only child, I am spoiled, stubborn, and always wanted life on my own terms. It was hard for my mom to accept that. Also my artistic dreams were a little too eccentric for her initial understanding. However, over the past year we have really come to understand and appreciate one another. She recently received her Master's degree at the age 52, which proved to me that we have a lot more in common than originally thought. We are both hard workers, fearless, and wildly independent. We might not always agree, but we love one another and that's what REALLY matters.


3. I took a major step towards being a full-time actress!

At the beginning of 2010, I declared that I take major steps towards being a full time actress. Since then I have been in 8 theatrical productions, a commercial, and I was signed to a major local talent agency. I made a decision, and by the grace of God took the necessary steps to reach it. I still have a LONG way to go, but I know I am on the right path. The picture below is of Echo's production of 'Well' which lead to me being signed. That opportunity stretched me as an actress, and gave me a new respect for the craft.


4. I am with the man of my dreams!

I no longer have to dream and wish for my Prince Charming, he is here! It didn't work out the first time (we dated for a hot minute in college), but now that we are older everything is working out perfectly. He is everything that I needed, wanted, & wished for. I am truly blessed to have him, and I can't wait to see how we continue our Life Well Lived... Together.







*****


Thanks SO much to Neeley for participating this week. Having Neeley in MY life definitely makes it well lived and I'm thrilled that she has so many awesome things in her life.  Yay, Neeley!

Now, it's your turn!  Post 3-5 things that you think make your life well lived, and shoot Kelsey an email and let her know! 


No comments:

Post a Comment