June 21, 2011

Tuesday Tunes - The Trews "Friends and Total Strangers"

Today I have another edition of Tuesday Tunes for you!  The album that actually inspired me to start Tuesday Tunes is "21" by Adele...but I feel like I need to listen to that one a few more times to really be able to talk about it and give it the credit it deserves.

So today!  We will talk about yet another album out of our friendly nation to the north -- Canada!

Ever since I was introduced to this video (not on the album above):


...I have since acquired almost all of their discography.  They are that. good.

"Friends and Total Strangers" is an acoustic album, containing songs from albums such as "Hope and Ruin," "Den of Thieves," and "No Time for Later," as well as some newer songs written for the album. 

"Sing Your Heart Out" is one of the ones written for this acoustic session and it is amazing.  I tend to love musicians who actually PLAY INSTRUMENTS (imagine that in this autotuned society we live in!) and play them well and sound great live:


"I Can't Stop Laughing" and "Poor Ol' Broken Hearted" are also amazing, but my very favorite song on this album has become "Man of Two Minds" (also found on their "No Time for Later" LP).  I just think this song speaks to me because I've always believed that the human heart is capable of so much love...and just because you've chosen to love one person forever doesn't mean that you'll never fall in love with another person ever again.  It's about choice, but it's 100% possible to feel so much love for different people in our lives:


I HIGHLY recommend this album, as well as any of their others!  Happy Tuesday Tunes!

No comments:

Post a Comment