So, this new survey/meme is apparently all the rage. I've seen it on blogs and all over Facebook recently, so it was really only a matter of time until I got tagged by someone. Carie happened to be the culprit this time. :) So here goes.
1. Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 16 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you.
2. At the end, choose 16 people to be tagged.
3. You have to tag the person who tagged you.
4. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you.
1. When I eat fast food, I can't wad up the wrappers into a little ball. I smooth them out and fold them, making neat creases, until I can't fold it any further. I have no idea why.
2. I'm freaked out at how quickly I've gotten a Baby Sniffle (I refuse to call it "fever") since we got married. Before the wedding I would've told you I wanted to raise dogs instead of children, but apparently putting the band on your finger changes everything. I'm fighting it with every ounce of my being. Somebody loan me your screaming child for the weekend, please.
3. I still try not to step on cracks on the sidewalk. I also try to take the same amount of steps between each crack.
4. I want to get my Master's in Journalism, but I have no desire to be a "journalist." At least not in the "news" format. Perhaps I'd like to have my own editorial column some day, or be a feature writer for magazines.
5. I absolutely LOATHE when people use an apostrophe to indicate plural. Example: "I'll see you guy's on Sunday." NO. NO YOU WILL NOT. It is just so freaking stupid on so many levels and so INEXCUSABLE that I work myself into a righteous lather over it on a daily basis. Poor grammar in general makes me want to scratch my eyes out. The Dr. Pepper billboards that advise me to "Drink it Slow" also make me want to run my car off a bridge.
6. Sometimes, when I'm bored, I'll figure out the solfege syllables to jingles and fight songs. It took me an entire train ride home one night last year to figure out the Eagles fight song.
7. I have no real desire to be pregnant (I know what you're thinking after reading #2 above). I've talked to friends who have struggled to conceive, and at one point I asked one, "Have you considered adoption?" and her reply was, "I just REALLY WANT to be pregnant." It was then that I realized, "I just really DON'T." Why can't the stork come?
8. I also have no desire to go through the process of owning a home. I am lucky that our first home is being sort of "given" to us, and I'm hoping to be there long enough for Operaboy's mom to retire to Rochester and sell us her house for what's left on it. I'm just missing a certain chip, I think.
9. I really wish I could plan another wedding. I don't want to save the money for it, but I have so many great ideas. I should be a wedding planner. Someone hire me.
10. I want to go to culinary school. Or at least some cooking classes at Central Market or something.
11. I think it's ridiculous that we are a society who can fit the entire world into an iPhone, yet people are still dying from cancer.
12. I will probably always nibble at, if not bite, my fingernails.
13. I have recently made a goal of trying to NOT be upset, pissed off, mad, overwhelmed, etc....and I'm working on that by trying to see any situation in a positive light. It's quite possibly the most difficult thing I've ever had to undertake.
14. It is my goal that I will sing a starring or supporting role onstage in 2009. (um...check)
15. I am truly terrified at the sudden rate at which people close to me (or people close to people close to me) are dying now that I'm approaching 30. It can't get any BETTER the older I get. I just wish it hadn't started off with such a bang.
16. I'm actually looking forward to my 10-year High School Reunion.
I don't think I'll tag anyone for this. That was just simply for your enjoyment. :)